Skip to main content

True to one's root - Super Star Rajinikanth



A hero in the movies and a hero in real life, a person every one of us can look up to. He is tantamount to the very personification of the word ‘Hero’.
All the fanfare this great man receives seems to leave only a trace of a humble, trademark smirk in his face. He is not one of those glitterati, waiting to get more famous at every passing opportunity.
My Favorite pic of Thalaivar - Source - Sify.com
This subtlety and humility makes me want to worship the Superstar.  Of course, he comes from a humble background and all that but how many from the glamorous movie industry try to stay true to their roots?  Sophistication, big-city ways, peaks of popularity, unending and ageless fan following, box office hits, and all the praise can leave only one person unperturbed and it is our Superstar.
His iconic style and movie dialogues are much spoken of, all over the world. Although he is critically acclaimed for most of his movies, I have mixed thoughts about the ‘jokes’ that are aimed at him. However witty they might be, I do not enjoy them very much and for goodness’ sake, we are not talking Alia Bhatt here.  She digs her own grave and yes, she is very brave.

In Chennai central station one day, I visited the Higginbotham’s book place. I normally browse through the books here every time I travel from central and this time it was special, I bought a book. The name is what caught my attention - Rajini's Punchtantra: Business and Life Management the Rajinikanth Way. I grabbed a copy right away and started reading it as I paid for it. Before I could get inside the train, I had read the book twice. The idea of relating Rajinikanth’s famous punch dialogues to management philosophy just WOWs me.

See how some of the readers of Curiosity’s report of a ball found in MARS didn't spare the superstar here: :((

:|||| Pictures sourced from India Today

That's all folks!

Comments

  1. He is talented and humble. I agree. At the same time he is very lucky. Speaks Tamil with Kannada accent and Tamil people love that accent. Another actor, Kalyan Kumar (hero in Nenjil Ore Aalayam), spoke Tamil with Kannada accent. People ran him out of town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea... luck is a factor too :) I won't disagree... but superstar's charisma is beyond luck in my opinion :) his style of speaking Tamil was more important than his Kannada accent I guess, SG :)

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  2. He doesn't hide his age behind makeup, and wears simple attires even for movie-related functions. I like that simplicity in the man.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I too admire that quality of him :) Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Yo-Yo' Tribe - A Meme

OK. Time for some fun, folks! Walk down the streets of any city, you are sure to find weirdos of all kinds. I am not being judgmental here, but trust me, there are a bunch of people who think of themselves as the coolest tribe on earth and the cool-ness is defined by their hair-dos and hair styles.  Let me give you some examples here...

Beginning the meme with a Zen-like look. I should admit that this look is more 'yogic' than weird. But only until he doesn't untie that bun on top! I name them the Zen tribe! :D
This style screams attention; attention from railroad signals to be specific. There are so many parallel tracks for trains to ply! The Awesome Railroad Tribe!

Well, well, I only get to see between my strands of hair and this is called 'Looking- through-the-hair-look'. "Are you smiling? winking? blushing? I don't have a clue!"




"Fine, I am growing a pine forest in my head and yes, it is fall time and some trees are starting to change color. I be…

Optimum behavior of a productive techie

How to optimize your behavior to become a productive techie?
No emails, no trouble – If you don’t listen to my advice you will end up being buried under a billion emails, most of them unread by the end of this year. Emails are infectious. The biggest hindrance to a techie’s productivity, is emails. As long as you can stick to messages confined to the subject area like the one below, it is fine. But do not go beyond that and don’t you touch the body! Get independence from your emails, be a loud and shameless conversationalist. Be a caveman, do not ping, do not email, just go talk to the person next to you.
To: Preeya.Raj@XXX.com Subject: Code’s working, dude. Yay Peanuts at my desk
Walk like quick-silver – Fly, Fly to the restroom and back, Fly to the printer and back, Just fly, never walk. Redefine god speed and make time for C++.
Do not carry a bag – One of the most important rules. Never carry a bag/ purse/ lunch bag to work. There are hawks in the workplace who monitor you meaningl…

[Home and Decor] :: Ideas for a perfect home

I have long been envisioning a place which is soulful and dreamy; a place that would like to call home.The essentials of my idea of a perfect home are:
Family and friends – They are the soulfulness and the life of every home. They are indeed those elements that make a ‘house’ a ‘sweet home’. Can’t do without’em!
Space – I am stuck with this space conundrum every time I enter an under-construction building. There seems to be a gap here. There were homes in earlier days which advocated spatial freedom and now everyone seem to look for compact homes. Think about living in concrete boxes?! I understand the money-factor involved but some with enough and more are unwilling to go for a spacious place too. The heritage houses of south India are perfect examples of space management when it comes to homes.
Sunlight - Who wants to live in a cave or a scary house?! In Vasthu Shastra and Feng Shui, we would notice a simple yet striking similarity which encompasses the need for sunlight to flow throu…