Skip to main content

Diet Horror Story


Food in the time of dieting. This is exactly like love in the time of Cholera, only, here, the love is for food.

Your cravings are at an all-time high, you surprisingly become more lazy, you feel anxious when eating out, you are looking up every diet plan there is in the planet, your best friend suddenly looks thinner, your weighing machine needs repair and perhaps you are even subconsciously praying to god to help you shed those extra luggage.

It is not because you have started eating a pea less than before that your body feels so weird when you start a diet. No. If you have any of these symptoms , trust me, your body has nothing to do with it. I am not a diet expert or an aspiring model, but I know what I am talking about. I have been through this outrageously pathetic stage of my life during my adolescence when I felt that cringing need to diet when some really jobless people called me a pumpkin, literally. I was too young to reason with myself. I started this tailored diet plan which involved eating pitiful portions of food and drinking gallons of green tea. It started working after a seemingly eternal wait of 5 months, and yes, I started losing weight. Not just weight. I was so high with green tea and lost in the vanity of my beautifully transforming bod that I forgot how much green tea I drank in a day or in the night. After a good 10 months, my body was what one would normally call beautiful. I didn't have those dark layers of fat deposits around my neck anymore and hey my neck was finally visible. My collar bones were prominent and deep, I could have filled up a shot of vodka in them and sipped’em off in style. I saw my jawline for the first time in ages. My eyes looked bigger and I was compared to Anushka Sharma even. (Please don’t.) It was what seemed like light at the end of the tunnel.

But then, life happened.

For those who went through the repercussions of mindless, rigorous dieting can skip the story that is about to follow.

Yes, life happened. I mean, life happened in the true sense of it with all its glory and crumbled my vanity. It was like a cotton bud bursting a balloon. It can happen without a pin and it can still be hard hitting. I started to faint, faint when there was no one at home, faint when waiting for the bus to arrive, faint when using the bathroom, faint multiple times in a day. It was that bad. Weakness took over, I couldn't study, I couldn't play, I couldn't stand continuously, I couldn't live. Oh wait, it was not that bad, but close enough.

Conjunctivitis, Anemia, Chicken pox, stretch marks and likes found its way into my body. I was so addicted to green tea that I couldn't stop drinking even after all this. My recovery period took more time than what it took to be back in shape.

You could be curvy, flat or contoured, with tummy or no tummy, abs or no abs; only a healthy body is a fit body. I gave up my favorite green tea (except for very occasional chilled and flavored ones) but my journey towards weight loss continues. This time it is not for any tom, dick and harry but just for me.

I realize that too much of anything is good for nothing and that is my fitness mantra too.

Here is a picture of what I had for lunch today:




Comments

  1. Good to see your blog post after a very long time. I agree. Too much of anything is not good. Also, being chubby is not a bad thing. Mona Lisa is chubby.

    I, as always, like your descriptions. Fill up a shot of vodka on your prominent and deep collar bones. HaHaHa.

    ReplyDelete






  2. When I took possession of the Rolex Submariner,a couple things jumped out at me. First, and this is always nice to find, it had its original Origina Replica Breitling Twinlock crown (Triplocks came later at around the 3M serial number). So many 1:1 Replica Rolex Watches have lost their original crowns to Triplocks along the way,In a weird twist of irony, the Omega Watches Robert-Jan wrote about from this year’s Baselworld contained a Cyclops for the first time in its history. Hermes handbags , in its self-pronounced desire to push innovation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Up and Me (Not Me)

They say people who don't know to dance have two left feet. Although, I might have two left feet myself, what is more interesting is I might actually have two left hands. Okay, I understand that's funny but here is why: If you are a girl or a boy or a boy who looks like a girl, you would probably know that it is a thing now to have a makeup blog or vlog or youtube channel in your name. I bumped into this world of cosmetics, beauty blogs and tutorials only a few months ago. For those who don't know about it, let me tell you, it is a crazy, ruthless and unbelievable world. Picture sourced from Google Heard of these? Snail slime masks, Placenta hair masks, Seaweed bathing creams, Microblading.... and endless other such insane stuff. These are insane but quite popular among beauty enthusiasts and they even swear by the benefits of such products. These are otherwise cringe-worthy products in my world. I use gramflour+tumeric face mask, Coconut oil hair mask and  a

Ever Yours, Vincent.

Never in a thousand years did I think I would be obsessed with a late, delusional psycho who was also an exceptional artist and a noteworthy character with a peculiar interest for romance. My affair started around 8 years back; a time when I had started writing and blogging for the first time. I visited this pop-up museum of contemporary art which showcased Vincent Van Gogh’s choicest documentaries. Many of his famous paintings were also on display. That was the day I fell in love, with his art, with the way he loved, with the way he expressed himself before he fell into life’s inevitable trap. The beautiful yellowish hues that dominated his paintings, the sunflowers, the potato eaters and the starry night which comes alive in my dreams every night. Those letters he wrote his brother Theo with care, love and a pinch of attitude. That unconditional brotherly love, that aimless love he showed his friend and mentor Gauguin, that love he showed the random women he saw and paint

Pro Bono

Team Writers' Den Previous Chapter -   Res ipsa loquitur Want to read the story so far? - Game Of Blogs - Writers' Den He could see her directly ahead through the shimmering blue glass window of Cafe Hafooda in Saket. The afternoon sun streamed along from the western side, casting long shadows across the table. Cyrus glanced up at Jennifer and then down at his mobile.  JJ liked Cyrus but she had a lot of questions in her mind. What was he doing? Secretly texting someone? Investigating without her help? Trying to solve something before someone else is on it? She was on this case with him. She wanted to do this for herself and for that little child and may be something more than she could comprehend. Whatever was his rationale, JJ decided to confront him. She spun herself around, sat down and found herself face-to-face with Cyrus. There was a sparkle in JJ’s eyes and Cyrus’s were menacing with thirst. Her tattoo seized Cyrus’s attention most. He was transfi