Skip to main content

The Boomerang - A walk to remember - Blue Mountains

 



A mountain trip such as this is worth it even when the rain gods shower their unconditional love upon you, right when you are out in the open and running for cover isn’t a cool option in the woods, don't you think?
Let’s ride into the memory lane of one of the best mountain trips I have had till date – The Katoomba - Blue Mountains. I feel incredibly fortunate to have realized this dream, the dream of travelling and my love for sharing it is as contagious. So, join me folkies, I am confident that you will enjoy this journey. Before we go on, I would like you to meet Kat and Oomba who made my trip particularly interesting with their sublime humor.

We were here -
We started walking from the Katoomba station to the echo point to experience the scenic extravaganza



A random picture clicked on our way to the Blue Mountains


 

The long roads are a pleasurable sight and sight only, the walk was quite a trek in itself
 

A pleasant sight of sweet sunflowers - I shot the freshest one from the bunch. They have their monsoon blues too right?
 



Another long road, with lush green trees hugging from both sides






We stopped by at the Maple Grove Park panting and growling like blood-thirsty hounds.

 


A surprise mini-waterfall near the Maple Grove





When we neared the entrance, almost completely exhausted, this mystery well kept us on our heels


A Katoomban style cave



A cave welcoming us and giving us some cover from the lashing rains
 

 


 
Are you guys wondering what we were planning on doing from here? Here is what - an exciting round-walk from the Prince Henry Cliff walkway to the amazing scenic skyway, cableway and railway and to reach the perfect location from where we can get the best view of the Blue mountains. Follow me...
 
 
 

I am trying to keep the posts as simple and short as possible here and that is why I am doing a series of posts to cover just the Blue Mountains. Believe me, it was worth it and for those who are planning to go here, it will definitely help you find your way back (just in case, you know?!) :)




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

'Yo-Yo' Tribe - A Meme

OK. Time for some fun, folks! Walk down the streets of any city, you are sure to find weirdos of all kinds. I am not being judgmental here, but trust me, there are a bunch of people who think of themselves as the coolest tribe on earth and the cool-ness is defined by their hair-dos and hair styles.  Let me give you some examples here...

Beginning the meme with a Zen-like look. I should admit that this look is more 'yogic' than weird. But only until he doesn't untie that bun on top! I name them the Zen tribe! :D
This style screams attention; attention from railroad signals to be specific. There are so many parallel tracks for trains to ply! The Awesome Railroad Tribe!

Well, well, I only get to see between my strands of hair and this is called 'Looking- through-the-hair-look'. "Are you smiling? winking? blushing? I don't have a clue!"




"Fine, I am growing a pine forest in my head and yes, it is fall time and some trees are starting to change color. I be…

[Home and Decor] :: Ideas for a perfect home

I have long been envisioning a place which is soulful and dreamy; a place that would like to call home.The essentials of my idea of a perfect home are:
Family and friends – They are the soulfulness and the life of every home. They are indeed those elements that make a ‘house’ a ‘sweet home’. Can’t do without’em!
Space – I am stuck with this space conundrum every time I enter an under-construction building. There seems to be a gap here. There were homes in earlier days which advocated spatial freedom and now everyone seem to look for compact homes. Think about living in concrete boxes?! I understand the money-factor involved but some with enough and more are unwilling to go for a spacious place too. The heritage houses of south India are perfect examples of space management when it comes to homes.
Sunlight - Who wants to live in a cave or a scary house?! In Vasthu Shastra and Feng Shui, we would notice a simple yet striking similarity which encompasses the need for sunlight to flow throu…

Make Up and Me (Not Me)

They say people who don't know to dance have two left feet. Although, I might have two left feet myself, what is more interesting is I might actually have two left hands.

Okay, I understand that's funny but here is why:

If you are a girl or a boy or a boy who looks like a girl, you would probably know that it is a thing now to have a makeup blog or vlog or youtube channel in your name. I bumped into this world of cosmetics, beauty blogs and tutorials only a few months ago. For those who don't know about it, let me tell you, it is a crazy, ruthless and unbelievable world.



Heard of these? Snail slime masks, Placenta hair masks, Seaweed bathing creams, Microblading.... and endless other such insane stuff. These are insane but quite popular among beauty enthusiasts and they even swear by the benefits of such products.

These are otherwise cringe-worthy products in my world. I use gramflour+tumeric face mask, Coconut oil hair mask and  a normal, cheap bathing soap and my skin i…