Skip to main content

[Home and Decor] :: Ideas for a perfect home




I have long been envisioning a place which is soulful and dreamy; a place that would like to call home.  The essentials of my idea of a perfect home are:
 

Family and friends – They are the soulfulness and the life of every home. They are indeed those elements that make a ‘house’ a ‘sweet home’. Can’t do without’em!                                       

Space – I am stuck with this space conundrum every time I enter an under-construction building. There seems to be a gap here. There were homes in earlier days which advocated spatial freedom and now everyone seem to look for compact homes. Think about living in concrete boxes?! I understand the money-factor involved but some with enough and more are unwilling to go for a spacious place too. The heritage houses of south India are perfect examples of space management when it comes to homes.
 
 

Sunlight - Who wants to live in a cave or a scary house?!  In Vasthu Shastra and Feng Shui, we would notice a simple yet striking similarity which encompasses the need for sunlight to flow through the household. I can’t help but quote Hans Christian Andersen here “Just living is not enough; one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower”

 


 
 
Airy – Imagine a room with no windows and doors. Think about a house with just a couple of small windows where you have kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms sweating moisture and odors. Having sufficient windows, exhaust units and interior and exterior vents will definitely make your home an eco-friendly one.
 
Furniture – Less is better. I hate those humungous sofas and heavy tea tables. Even cupboards should be smart and compact. I’d love to use the space below the staircase as a dining utility closet or my easy-access library for that matter J
 
                                          

Décor – I love color and vibrancy flowing through the walls. Subtle English colors would be my best choice so that the rooms don’t look gaudy.  I would love to go another step ahead and do themed rooms but on second thoughts, I’d keep them simple. Picture this - A beautiful bamboo swing in an almost empty study room by a fireplace. A pair of Bose speakers for some soul healing; that is all I need.
 
 

Warmth - The X-factor of a house is determined by its coziness according to me. Tiny fluffy pillows to grab in the sofa and anywhere else, I’d love it in my reading area too along with a book of course. Indoor plants and window sills are a great combination and it works for me!  

 
 


What is your idea of a perfect home? Do pitch in and share them, let us make every home a sweet home.


P.S: All the pictures in this post are sourced from various websites that showed up in Google Images, my internet life source !

 

Comments

  1. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Up and Me (Not Me)

They say people who don't know to dance have two left feet. Although, I might have two left feet myself, what is more interesting is I might actually have two left hands. Okay, I understand that's funny but here is why: If you are a girl or a boy or a boy who looks like a girl, you would probably know that it is a thing now to have a makeup blog or vlog or youtube channel in your name. I bumped into this world of cosmetics, beauty blogs and tutorials only a few months ago. For those who don't know about it, let me tell you, it is a crazy, ruthless and unbelievable world. Picture sourced from Google Heard of these? Snail slime masks, Placenta hair masks, Seaweed bathing creams, Microblading.... and endless other such insane stuff. These are insane but quite popular among beauty enthusiasts and they even swear by the benefits of such products. These are otherwise cringe-worthy products in my world. I use gramflour+tumeric face mask, Coconut oil hair mask and  a

Ever Yours, Vincent.

Never in a thousand years did I think I would be obsessed with a late, delusional psycho who was also an exceptional artist and a noteworthy character with a peculiar interest for romance. My affair started around 8 years back; a time when I had started writing and blogging for the first time. I visited this pop-up museum of contemporary art which showcased Vincent Van Gogh’s choicest documentaries. Many of his famous paintings were also on display. That was the day I fell in love, with his art, with the way he loved, with the way he expressed himself before he fell into life’s inevitable trap. The beautiful yellowish hues that dominated his paintings, the sunflowers, the potato eaters and the starry night which comes alive in my dreams every night. Those letters he wrote his brother Theo with care, love and a pinch of attitude. That unconditional brotherly love, that aimless love he showed his friend and mentor Gauguin, that love he showed the random women he saw and paint

Pro Bono

Team Writers' Den Previous Chapter -   Res ipsa loquitur Want to read the story so far? - Game Of Blogs - Writers' Den He could see her directly ahead through the shimmering blue glass window of Cafe Hafooda in Saket. The afternoon sun streamed along from the western side, casting long shadows across the table. Cyrus glanced up at Jennifer and then down at his mobile.  JJ liked Cyrus but she had a lot of questions in her mind. What was he doing? Secretly texting someone? Investigating without her help? Trying to solve something before someone else is on it? She was on this case with him. She wanted to do this for herself and for that little child and may be something more than she could comprehend. Whatever was his rationale, JJ decided to confront him. She spun herself around, sat down and found herself face-to-face with Cyrus. There was a sparkle in JJ’s eyes and Cyrus’s were menacing with thirst. Her tattoo seized Cyrus’s attention most. He was transfi